The cover letter should outline the importance and uniqueness of the work. It should include the signed declaration from all authors on:
- Category of a manuscript (original research, review article, case report)
- A statement that the material has not been previously published or submitted elsewhere for publication (this restriction does not apply to abstracts published in connection with scientific meetings.)
- Transfer of copyright to the Planet Journal upon the acceptance of the manuscript for publication.
- All authors have reviewed the article and agreed with its contents.
- Information of any conflicts of interest (of any) of the authors.
- Sources of research support, if any, including funding, equipment, and drugs.
The cover letter should also include the mailing address, telephone numbers, and e-mail address of the corresponding author.